Here in Malaysia

Here in Malaysia

Monday, October 21, 2013

Getting connected

Salamalikum,

Comparing to Canada, getting connected here is very convinenet and cheap.

as soon as I arrived I got a prepaid sim from a closeby 7 Eleven for 5 RM from Umobile, topped up the card with 50RM.

If you have a smart phone and want to use data like myself , I subscribed to a unlimited broadband for 38 RM via my phone ,  38 RM got credited from my 50RM topup.
With that UMI 38 plan I now got 500MB at 3G speed (after 500MB they start Throttling me to a lower speed, but I am told it is fast enough for voip calls and GPS apps). plus I got 200min of local talk time and 30 SMS ( which I dont use much casue everyone here use whatsap that uses Data).

For VoIP , I downloaded Fongo give gives me a canadian number so that I can talk to my friends and family in Canada on 3G.
Also download waze (free GPS  app) , used to navigate around the city. Very helpful, it uses 3G also.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment